- Within Google Classroom, create a new assignment and “Click upload a file”
- Drag the file into the window or browse your computer to select your “Audio File”
- Click the “Upload” button.
- In Google Classroom you should see your Audio File
- If you or your students click on the file name, they will see this screen:
- When the “Play Button” is clicked, the user may be prompted with an option to select a method of playing the file. You have the option of downloading the audio file or playing it in the browser. If you want to play in the browser, you must first connect an “Audio App”- to do so select “Music Player for Google Drive”
- You will be prompted to accept Google Permissions, Click “Accept”
- The Audio file should be converted (this will not effect your original file)
Google has released iOS and Android apps to accompany its Google Classroom web platform. Right from the assignment page in the mobile app, students can snap a photo and attach it to their assignment. Students can also easily attach images, PDFs and web pages from other apps on their phone or iPad to their assignments.
Google Classroom has also launched a new teacher assignments page, with quick access to any assignment, track reviewed ones and see how many students have completed assignments.
Lastly, classes can now be archived, so that classes that are no longer active can be taken off the home page and make it read-only. Free to download, the Google Classroom apps are available for anyone with a Google App for Education account.