What and Why?
For years Brewster has not synchronized your computer login password with any other Brewster service. This has caused much confusion as users are required to remember several different passwords to access the tools that we need to use every day. Our deployment of Enterprise Connect resolves this issue by synchronizing your computers log in password with your Brewster Active Directory (Portal) password. We’ve been using this with the students since the beginning of the year, and the reduction in students forgetting their computer login passwords has dropped dramatically. It will also allow you to more easily change your Brewster Passwords (Portal, Moodle, Gmail, PaperCut, Computer, etc.). Many faculty and staff users are already using this technology already and love it!
What will be different?
Your Portal, email, Google, Moodle, Wireless, Printing and Computer login passwords will all be the same strong password. Not only does this make everything far more secure, but it also makes your passwords easier to remember and use. You will have an icon in your menu bar to change this password without needing to go to the portal or call IT.
1. Open the “Enterprise Connect” application.
Choose “Launchpad” from your dock at the bottom of your screen.
- Type “Enterprise” in the search bar at the top of your screen to find “Enterprise Connect”
- Click “Enterprise Connect” to open it.
- Enter your Wireless username STU# (FAC### or STA###) and 10-Character Password into the window that appears. Then click “Sign In”
- The computer will now ask for your default “Computer” password, which is whatever you’ve been using to log into your computer when you restart it.
- Once you click “OK” the system will ‘sync’ your wireless password and your computer login password.
5) You’re all done! Your computer login password is now the same as your Portal password! (Also includes: Wireless, Google, PaperCut, AD, and Moodle)