Have you ever wanted a simple, yet powerful thesaurus built right into Google Docs? Thesaurus Pro is a free add-on to Google Docs that’s both free AND well reviewed. Here’s how to add it:
- Open a Google Doc and Select “Add-ons” from the menu
- Select “Get add-ons…”
- Find the search bar (upper right-hand corner) and type “Thesaurus Pro”. The hit “enter”.
- You’ll be presented with several options. Be sure to choose “Thesaurus Pro”. Not that there’s anything wrong with the others… we’re just recommending this one!
- You will be asked to give “Thesaurus Pro” access to your Google Docs. This is A-OK! Please click “Allow”.
- Thesaurus Pro has now been installed in your Google Docs! You can activate (or deactivate) it but going back to the “Add-ons” menu at the top of your document, selecting “Thesaurus Pro” and finally choosing “Open”.
- Thesaurus Pro will now appear to the right of your document. Simply type in a word and it will give you great alternatives!