Prevent your backup from occurring on a home network. Note: this must be completed when you can connect to your home network.
- Open CrashPlan by clicking the icon up in your system tray and then click on the small arrow in the lower right corner of the window, then select “Open Code42 CrashPlan”
- Click on the “Details” button.
- Click on the small arrow next to your computer’s name and select “Device Preferences”.
- Click on the Network link and then the Change button, on the line indicating “Wireless Network Exclusions”
- Click on the + sign and wait for your network to load,
- Select the network you want to exclude and click the “Add Network…” button and click save.