Did you know that your Macintosh has the ability to read to you? Just follow the steps below to learn how.
- From the Menu, select System Preferences
- Select Dictation and Speech
- Click the “Text to Speech” tab and make sure the box is checked next to “Speak selected text when the key is pressed”
- By default the key combination is set to “Option+Esc”, but you can change this if you like by clicking on the “Change Key” button and selecting a different key combination by following the instructions in the box.
- Exit out of System Preferences by selecting Quit from the “System Preferences” menu
- Now, all you have to do is select text in any application and then press the Option AND Escape keys simultaneously to have the Mac read you the text!