You can convert MS Office documents one at a time or many at one time. Either way, you will be dragging documents (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) from your computer to your Google Drive.
- Using the Chrome Browser, Open up your Google Drive, and go into settings.
- Under General, check the box to select “Convert uploaded filed to Google Docs editor format”
- Finally, drag a single file or a folder of MS Office files from your desktop into Google Drive.
- Within Google Drive, you will notice a progress window as your documents are uploaded and converted.
- Check your documents to make sure the formatting is correct. You may also want to delete the “.doc” from the File Name since it could lead to confusion.