As you may know, graduating seniors and other students who aren’t returning to Brewster Academy next fall will have their Google Apps accounts suspended on June 30.
- If you do not already have an external personal Gmail account, create one:
You can do this at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp — follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect social media accounts tied to your Brewster account to this new Gmail account:
External services like SnapChat, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook or the like use your email account to control password resets. Before we cancel your Brewster account, make sure you’ve changed your email address in these services to a non-Brewster email address.
- From a computer’s web browser, open your e-mail account at the mail.brewsteracademy.org website. Do not try to do this from a mobile device’s browser or any mobile or desktop mail client. Only do this from an actual computer’s web browser.
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right-hand area of the main page:
- On the pop-up menu that appears, click on Settings:
- Under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab, enable POP for All Mail:
- In your NEW PERSONAL GMAIL ACCOUNT go to Settings, then under the “Accounts and Import” tab select “Add a POP3 mail account you own:”
- A window will pop up, asking for your email address. Fill it in with your Brewster email address and click “Continue.”
- On the window that next comes up, put in your Brewster full email address as your username, your password, “pop.gmail.com” for the POP server, set the port to 995, make sure “leave a copy of retrieved message” is checked OFF, make sure “Always use a secure connection (SSL)” is checked ON (exactly as it appears below), and click “Add Account”: this is a lot of steps — just make sure it looks like this and you should be okay.
- If you have filled the form out correctly, it will tell you your account is now added. It will offer to let you send mail as this address. Select “No” and save changes.
- You will now see your account checking e-mail. This process will take several hours or days to complete, and generally will happen in batches of 200 e-mails. This is normal.
- If you have any problems, please contact email@example.com and we will assist you the best that we can.