Follow these detailed steps to manually configure a Macintosh to get onto the Brewster Academy network via VPN.
- From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences and select Network
- Click the lock in the lower left corner and enter your computer password
- Click the “+” sign to add a connection.
- In the window that pops up, select VPN from the drop-down menu.
- For VPN Type, select Cisco IPSec and then enter a name for your VPN connection and then click the Create button.
- In the Server Address box, enter pa-vpn.baaccess.net
In the Account Name, enter your fac or sta number
In the Password box, enter your 10-character Brewster password
Click the Authentication Settings… button
- In the Shared Secret box, enter the word bobcat16
In the Group Name box, enter the word baaccess
Click the OK button
- A) Make sure the box is checked next to “Show VPN status in menu bar”
B) Click the Apply button
C) Click the open lock to lock your settings.
- Quit the Systems Preferences applications window by selecting Quit from the Systems Preferences menu.
- To connect to VPN, click on the VPN menu item in the top right of your window and select “Connect BA VPN”
- Once connected, you will see the running connection time in the menu
- To disconnect from VPN, click on the VPN menu item in the top right of your window and select “Disconnect BA VPN”