One of my favorite features of Google Docs is the ease of sharing and collaborating on a document. Here is how you can convert your MS Word files to the Google Doc format.
1. From your Google Drive select the MS Word Document.
The icon for Google Docs looks like this:
2. Click on the 3 dot “more actions” icon and select “open with”;
3.Then choose “Google Docs” from the drop down menu.
4. Your document will take a few seconds to open and you will see the “thinking page” ….
This will not replace the original Word Document. Both copies will be saved in your Google Drive.
You can also automatically convert a Word Doc to a Google Doc upon uploading to your Google Drive by following these steps:
- Go to the Drive settings in the upper right corner
- Make sure the “Convert Uploads” checkbox is checked and click Done.
- Now anytime you upload a Word Doc, it will automatically be converted to a Google Doc.