Remember the days of document signing…. Print Paper, Pen, Scan, Fax??
Those days are gone…. Welcome Preview Signature Tool!!
Now you can easily sign a PDF document or any file that will open within Preview using your track pad. This is very easy to set up and you can save your signature to use again.
To create the signature on your track pad:
1. Open the document file that you need to sign in Preview.
Click on the toolbox icon This will open the Preview Toolbar.
Then click on the signature icon.
3. Now “sign your name” on the trackpad with your finger. This works best if you look at your screen and not the trackpad while writing. You can also use a iPhone or iPad stylus for a better precision.
4. Click any key on your keyboard when finished with your signature. Then Click “Done”
4. Click on the signature you just created to insert it into the document. You can now move the signature where you need it on the document. You can also resize the signature as needed.
5. Save the document. Then email the document as usual.
Your signature is now saved in the Preview App. Anytime you need to insert your signature, just click the Signature icon and choose your signature.
You can create your signature in Preview without having a document open. You can also create multiple signatures that are stored in a list and will be available when you click on the Signature icon.
If you really don’t like how your signature looks using the track pad, you can also use the camera feature.