Have you ever sent an email and thought of “one more thing…” that you needed to say? Or hit “reply all” when you only wanted to respond to one person? If so, you need to enable the “Undo Send” feature in your Gmail Account. This setting gives you the option to stop the email you just sent, up to 30 seconds after you hit “send”.
Here’s how to enable this feature:
- In your Mail, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Settings
- Scroll down to “Undo Send” and click Enable
- Set the cancellation time period for the amount of time you have to “unsend” your message
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- The next time you send an email, a yellow dialog box will appear at the top of the screen. Here is your chance to add “one more thing…” to that email by clicking on “UNDO”.
Please Note: After you leave the screen on which your email was sent, you no longer have the option to undo it, even if it is still within the delay time.
Leave a Reply