Add one or more “Desktops”
Why would I want extra “Spaces”? It’s an easy way to expand and organize the work that you are doing on your single screen.
Say I want have my “Stickies” open at all times- I don’t necessary want my stickies cluttering up all my view while I’m checking email, or working on a word doc.So on one “Space” I will have all my stickies open and in my second “Space” is my active applications.
- To see your Desktops, either press the Mission Control key on your keyboard or swipe up on your trackpad using three or four fingers.
- Move the pointer toward the upper-right corner of your screen. (If you keep your Dock on the right side of the screen, move the pointer toward the upper-left corner.)
- To add a space, click the Add button (+). You can add up to 16 spaces/”desktops”
- To leave Mission Control, swipe your trackpad again, or press the Mission Control key on keyboard. (F3)
Moving from one space to another
Do one of the following:
- Press the Mission Control key on your keyboard, then click the space you want to use.
- Press the Control key and an arrow key to scroll through the spaces.
- Swipe left or right with three fingers on your trackpad to scroll through your spaces.